Yoga Kula Festival
Kula = Community
Join Yoga Yoga & LA Dept. of Parks and Recreation as they host the premier yoga festival, bringing unity & awareness in the heart of the Santa Clarita Valley.
When: September 16th, 2018, 8am-12:00pm
Where: William S. Hart Park
Flow of the Day: Mindful Meditation Ceremony, Nature Hike, Community Yoga Flow with Amazing Teachers
Enjoy the Extras: Local Shops & Delicious Bites, Connect with Nature & Sunshine,
Get to Know Heart-Filled Community Members, Guided tours of the William S. Hart Museum & Barnyard
Benefitting: William S Hart Park, Bridge to Home (Homeless Shelter) and SCV Youth Project
For Pre-Registration or Vendor Booth opportunities: Please call Danica Lynch or Wendy Hassenpflug at 661-222-7777 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
YOGA KULA FESTIVAL VENDOR APPLICATION
Location: William S. Hart Park 24151 Newhall Avenue Newhall, CA 91321
Date: Sunday, September 16, 2018
Parking: Limited parking spaces available on park property, additional parking in nearby streets, parking lots, and the new parking structure in Old Town Newhall off Main Street and Lyons
Festival Hours: 7:00-8:00AM Set-up; 8:00AM-12:00PM Festival; 12:00-12:30PM Clean-Up
Website Link: http://hartmuseum.org/grounds
Contact: Danica Lynch and Wendy Hassenplug
Direct Number: 661-222-7777
BOOTH INFO | SUPPLIES
Craft Vendors: All craft vendors will be provided a 10’x10’ space. Vendors are responsible for providing their own canopy, tables, chairs and other supplies. No power is included in vendor tents.
Food Trucks: Based on application requests and availability, 2-3 food vendors will be provided a space your own food truck or trailer. Food Vendors will be responsible for providing their own power within their truck.
Vendor Prices: $75 Vendor Fee (proceeds are donated to William S. Hart Park, Bridge to home (Homeless Shelter) SCV Youth Project (Program in our local schools)
- Vendor Setup starts at 6:45AM, Sunday, September 16, 2018
- Festival starts at 7:45AM
- Cleanup starts at 12:00pm (noon), each vendor is responsible for packing out their own trash.
- All vendor areas will be cleaned up and packed out completely by 12:30pm.
Use of compostable and/or recyclable products is strongly encouraged at our Event. In order to comply with these greening initiatives, styrofoam and plastic food service ware is not permitted. Approved items include paper cups and plates that are compostable, and other items found here. We appreciate your support in our recycling and composting program!
It is the sole responsibility of the vendor to research local and state requirements regarding selling in festival locations.
YOGA KULA FESTIVAL VENDOR APPLICATION
Thanks for your interest in vending at the 2018 Yoga Kula Festival. Vending will run for one day, from 8:00am to 12:00pm. We expect approximately 100+ attendees.
Step One: Please type all information directly into this form.
Step Two: Once you receive approval from us as a vendor for the festival, there is a $75 application fee for all vendors applying (30% is donated back to William S. Hart Park). You will receive a link to submit payment once approved.
Step Three: After approval and payment have been submitted, you will receive a welcome email with more details regarding the festival.
The vendor application deadline is 1 week prior to the event date. Applications submitted after the deadline will be considered on a case by case and space dependent basis. Rolling notifications begin at 2 weeks prior to the event.
THE FOOD CO-OP
The Yoga Kula Festival Food Trucks will be located within the festival borders, in parking spaces adjacent to the festival at William S. Hart Park. The Food Trucks will be open to the all Yoga Kula Festival attendees beginning at 8:00AM and ending at 12:00PM.
VENDING and LOADING HOURS
Vending hours are 8:00AM to 12:00PM.
Load-in takes place the day of the festival. For most markets, load in on the day of the festival takes place in the morning before the start of the festival. On the morning of the festival all vendors must be fully loaded in with all support vehicles swept from site by 8am. Load out takes place the day of the event beginning at 12:00pm.
There is no on-site parking guaranteed for vendors. Please plan accordingly and have your staff carpool as needed. There is a brand new multi-level parking structure on Main Street, just a few blocks away from the festival.
When considering your menu, Yoga Kula Festival asks that you highlight the connection of local food and the community. Please consider sourcing ingredients from local purveyors who are seasonally minded. We request that your menu be both breakfast and brunch/lunch friendly. Please highlight seasonal ingredients from local farms for your menu items with at least one (1) local and seasonal ingredient per menu item.
All vendors are required to use compostable-biodegradable for their service ware and disposables. By submitting your application, you confirm that you will be adhering to this policy.
**Note: Once your application has been approved, we will give you a link to submit your payment to reserve your spot for the festival.
Thank you for your interest in partnering with us for the Yoga Kula Festival. Namaste.
RULES OF THE ROAD
• Fees are due from each vendor before the day of the event.
• All completed applications will be reviewed by Yoga Kula Festival staff and selections shall be made at Yoga Kula Festival’s sole discretion. If approved, you will receive placement confirmation by email, with a link for your vendor payment. A Yoga Kula Festival exhibitor welcome packet will be send approx. one week before the event. Please read it carefully.
• All vendors are required to use compostable/recyclable food service ware.
• Vendors will receive exact location assignments on-site and not before.
• All vendors must accept both Cash and Credit Card
• Exhibitor agrees to abide by all applicable laws, ordinances and regulations pertaining to health, fire prevention, public safety, business licenses, and sales tax permits.
• Exhibitor location must be open and staffed in ordinance with Exhibition Hours listed above.
• All vendors must clean their footprint from trash. This includes the 10-foot radiance in front of food trucks. Failure to clean will result in a $100 greening fine applied to settlement.
• Exhibitor agrees to indemnify and hold harmless Yoga Kula Festival, its parents, subsidiaries, partners, sponsors, agents, employees and assigns from any and all claims, causes of action suits, damages, theft, injuries and losses to any person or goods arising out of relating to the Festival. Exhibitor agrees that this release shall be a full and final compromise and release of any claims, demands, actions, and causes of action, known or unknown.
• Yoga Kula Festival shall not be liable for any failure or delay in performance arising from causes beyond Yoga Kula Festival’s reasonable control, including, without limitation, weather, acts of God, fire, flood, terrorism, strikes, failure of suppliers or subcontractors to substantially meet its performance obligations under this Agreement.
• Vendor will be solely responsible for any and all sales, use, or other taxes, fees, permits, and surcharges imposed by any federal, state, county, or municipality in connection with the fulfillment of the Vendor’s obligations under this Agreement and any other agreements.
• Yoga Kula Festival will take place rain or shine. If weather should occur, we will do everything possible to provide vendors with reasonable indoor accommodations. Please note this is an outdoor park location.
• Exhibitor shall permit photographs and video recording of their booths, employees and agents. All photographs and video footage shall be the sole property of Yoga Kula Festival.
• Termination. Before the Event, any agreement, including this Agreement, between Yoga Kula Festival and Vendor will be subject to cancellation by Yoga Kula Festival with or without cause upon 3 days prior written notice to Vendor at no cost to Yoga Kula Festival. Yoga Kula Festival may terminate any agreement, including this Agreement, immediately without notice upon Yoga Kula Festival’s reasonable determination of cause. If such termination is made during the Event, the Vendor will immediately leave the grounds of the Event and any dispute regarding the existence or lack of existence of reasonable cause to terminate the agreement will be resolved after the Event.
• Vendor will be responsible for any and all damages, injuries, claims, charges and costs, whether tangible or intangible, to persons or property that in any way arise out of or relate to the performance of the Services whether performed by Vendor or any other persons/entities under the Vendor’s control or direction. Yoga Kula Festival has no liability for damage or theft of Vendor’s materials or equipment except to the extent Yoga Kula Festival has agreed in writing to assume liability for materials on-site and then only for any damage or theft solely due to the negligence or misconduct of Wanderlust.
• Vendor agrees to all policies and agreements outlined in this Vendor
• This agreement constitutes the entire contract between Yoga Kula Festival and the Exhibitor. No changes shall be valid unless agreed to by both parties in writing.
Yoga Yoga is committed to helping people live a happier, healthier and balanced life through Yoga, Meditation, Breathing/Relaxation Techniques, and Positive Thinking.